IOMAXIS is currently seeking a DevOps Software Engineer to support our Cyber Automation Software Engineering Team in Arlington, VA (Ballston) or Lorton, VA. This position will research and develop software applications to be used on a variety of platforms, focusing on automating secure infrastructures. You will be an integral part of an agile team, building new and exciting capabilities for enabling next-generation communications and security capabilities for our customers. You will learn rapidly and apply your problem solving skill to perform cutting edge automation across a wide variety of advanced cyber infrastructure.
What You'll Be Doing:
* Leading technical efforts automating across multiple virtualized environments
* Using automation tools (Ansible, puppet, Chef, etc.) to automate various tasks and processes (Asset Configuration Management, VM Patching, Standard Changes, Security Scans, Environment Builds, and Environment Deployments)
* Collaborating with other engineers, as well as configuration management and system security personnel in the program
* Improving program efficiency and security posture through development, maintenance, and improvement of automation solutions
* Developing and preparing technical and procedural documentation related to responsibilities
* Actively participating in learning new technologies to build best solutions
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or similar
* Languages: Proficiency with programming language concepts and knowledge of at least one language (python, C, C++, java, etc...)
* Operating Systems: Linux
* Experience building automation across multiple continuous deployment and integration pipelines (dev, testing, staging, production)
* Ability to work with several teams across the organization and communicate effectively
* Familiarity with architectural trade-off analysis, including researching new technologies and proposing/justifying their use
* 2+ years of experience in industry using infrastructure automation technologies (Ansible, puppet, Chef, etc...)
* 2-6 years of overall relevant software engineering experience
* Must have a SECRET or higher level security clearance
* Exposure to virtualization infrastructures (vSphere)
* Knowledge of Linux container execution and management
* Familiarity with agile development processes
* Applied knowledge of computer networking fundamentals
* Windows OS experience
* Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of computer and network security
* Familiarity with Accreditation requirements and processes
* Familiarity with Configuration Management processes and tools
WHY IOMAXIS: Unleash your potential and make a dramatic impact!
Over the past 10 years, IOMAXIS has advanced the state of Cyber RDT&E by bringing together the best software, hardware, and communications experts in the industry to help Federal agencies and organizations develop critical solutions for difficult missions around the globe. Today, we’re proud to say the most important Federal clients rely on our solutions to perform their missions by developing solutions faster, reducing complexity, cutting costs, and providing a profound level of innovation. IOMAXIS helps our customers deliver exceptional value to their client, America and its people. IOMAXIS leads the industry in developing superior services and technologies, delivering actionable capabilities and insight— right when customers need it most.
IOMAXIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.